I’m one of those girls that doesn’t really get around to dating during the season. Inevitably, when the weather starts warming up the guys start lining up. That being said, Sex and the City states my philosophy on dating better than I ever could:
“When you’re young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don’t leap at all because there’s not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there’s no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?”
“Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.”
LIST OF THINGS “CANDIDATES” SHOULD BE AWARE OF:
1. I admire family guys, I really do, but I am independent from mine and I expect a guy to be able to stand on his own two feet.
2. Smoking is gross
3. Drugs are illegal and will ruin life as you know it. Enough said.
4. Education is just as important as street smarts. Your gonna need both baby.
5. Experience. I’m not talking about relationship experience. I’m talking about life. A guy that’s got a story, been there and done something to make a difference is the guy that’s gonna keep me interested.
6. Got issues? Get over them, don’t take them out on me.
7. Make up your freakin mind and stick with it. don’t send me a text 30 minutes later and say your sorry but you really didn’t mean it.
8. Yes, I love being outdoors, camping, hiking, boarding; but I have do have limits.
9. Don’t call me “cutie” “beautiful” “gorgeous” “hottie” “baby” or any other pet name you can think of.
10. First dates should run along the lines of mcdonalds, ice cream, the park, coffee shops, or lunch cafe. Not three course meals and a movie.